Manuscript Repositories

Queen’s University Library, Belfast

Belfast, Queen’s University Library, Bunting 7 (no. 68)

1514.
Ó Buachalla (Breandán): Dán ar Chath Eachroma.
In Éigse 15/2 (Geimhreadh 1973), pp. 117–123.
Two versions of the same song on the Battle of Aughrim [1691] edited with notes in Irish. Version 1, beg. A dhaoine tá líonta dhen daonnacht, ed. from MS QUL Bunting 7 (no. 68), normalised. Version 2, beg. 'S a dhaoine a bhfuil maoineadh nó spré agaibh, reproduced from Seán Ó Fionnagáin’s ed. in An Stoc (Eanáir 1928) 3; with notes.
Ó Fionnagáin (Seán) (ref.)
15499.
Breatnach (Pádraig A.): Athchuairt ar amhrán le hAogán Ó Rathaille.
In Celtica 28 (2016), pp. 168–185.
A reexamination of the authorship and transmission of 'Ainnir mhiochair bhlasta mhilis. In Aguisín: edited text, with corrections, based on the critical edition by the author in Éigse 20.149ff.

Belfast, Queen’s University Library, Bunting 18

15499.
Breatnach (Pádraig A.): Athchuairt ar amhrán le hAogán Ó Rathaille.
In Celtica 28 (2016), pp. 168–185.
A reexamination of the authorship and transmission of 'Ainnir mhiochair bhlasta mhilis. In Aguisín: edited text, with corrections, based on the critical edition by the author in Éigse 20.149ff.

Belfast, Queen’s University Library, Gaelic 6

1494.
Williams (N. J. A.): Eachtra ghruagaigh na creige agus na cruite 's an tiompáin.
In Éigse 14/4 (Geimhreadh 1972), pp. 319–337.
Acephalous tale dated to c. 1520–1712, ed. from MS QUL Gaelic 6 (now missing) with notes on text and language (archaisms and dialectal features, suggestive of south-east Ulster origin for text, more specificaly Co. Meath).

Belfast, Queen’s University Library, 1/2

15241.
Sharpe (Richard): Manuscript by subscription: Muiris Ó Gormáin and the Annals of the Four Masters.
In Éigse 39 (2016), pp. 199–208.
Studies two cases in Ireland of the use of subscription to produce handwritten copies of MSS: Belfast Central Library MS XLIII, containing an Irish translation of Thomas à Kempis’s De imitatione Christi; and QUB Misc. MS 1/2 (formerly Phillipps 6465), containing a copy of the first volume of the Annals of the Four Masters.