King (Heather A.) (ed.): Clonmacnoise studies, Vol. 2. Seminar papers, 1998 / edited by Heather A. King.
Dublin: Stationery Office, 2003. ix + 221 pp.
Rev. by
Meggen M. Gondek, in JRSAI 132 (2002), pp. 161-162.


Bhreathnach (Edel): Learning and literature in early medieval Clonmacnoise.
In Clonmacnoise studies 2 (2003), pp. 97–104.

Swift (Catherine): Sculptors and their customers: a study of Clonmacnoise grave-slabs.
In Clonmacnoise studies 2 (2003), pp. 105–123.

MacDonald (Aidan): The ‘cathedral’, Temple Kelly and Temple Ciarán: notes from the annals.
In Clonmacnoise studies 2 (2003), pp. 125–135.
Searches the annals for references to: 1. The daimliag [the bishop’s stone church]; 2. The dairthech [timber church possibly on same site as later O’Kelly’s church]; 3. Eaglais Beag [identified with Temple Ciarán].

Ní Ghrádaigh (Jenifer): 'But what exactly did she give?': Derbforgaill and the Nuns’ Church at Clonmacnoise.
In Clonmacnoise studies 2 (2003), pp. 175–207.
On AFM ad annum 1167 and the patronage by Derbforgaill (1108-1193) of the Nuns’ Church at Clonmacnoise.